Monday 1 April 2013

Morrrre research, and putting it into practice.

So, I've not been blogging that much recently, because I've been trying to follow the advice that i've been discovering during my inquiry to see if it works, and to check if I'm on the right track. I chose this topic of inquiry because I wanted it to be relevant, and effect my life as it is now for the better.

So what's been going on!? well.  A few weeks ago, after speaking to Naomi, I joined various online groups, for singers and songwriters, and looked into different jobs within music, and applied for updates of events coming up. I returned from Disney almost a year ago in order to further my career and realised that actually I had done nothing of the sort. I recieved an invite on Facebook to a charity event in a small music venue, to which I replied with,, can I please have a slot in the line up instead?
I was in luck and got offered a 30-45 minute set in the line up which took place last night. I had a guitarist and a percussionist who joined me and we covered many well known acoustic pop/rock songs. The set went really well.
The owner of the venue has offered me a paid opportunity at a later date where I would perform three 45minute slots in one night.

For this I would need to find a guitarist willing to join me on a regular basis. So i'm now on the hunt for one. I've also got myself onto soundcloud, and uploaded a cover of a Paramore song so I have something to send to people who ask. And been in contact with a fairly established songwriter in Twickenham who is interested in collaborating. So I feel like slowly, progress is being made.

Im hoping that by getting myself out there at the smaller gigs I may find people who may want to collaborate in future.






Coincedentally, just been in touch with another singer songwriter who performed last night, who would be interested in working with me on the gigs in the future so thats great news.
PROGRESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers