Monday 12 November 2012

Task 2b: Journal writing experience

So can I firstly start by saying how much I love that I started the 9 days on the beginning of the month. It's irrelevant to the task but it's soooo much easier to keep track of!! And we know that I love to be organised and tidy with these things.
Anyway, back to the important stuff!.
After completing the 9 days of different journal writing I chose a couple and decided to explore them a bit further and develop them to suit me. J. Moon said that 'Journals come in any shape, size and form', (Moon 2006) So for the past two days my journals have culminated of the following in order to create my own style of journal:
  • description
  • initial
  • reflection
  • list
  • what if 
I started off with a basic list of what I did that day, a few jotted notes ( If we were to put it on the graffiti wall from the campus session , all of these notes would slip under the 'see' collumn). I then started to 'think' about what I had actually done that day and these sprouted off like a spider diagram and gave a bit more depth.  Using 'Initial' and 'reflection' I started to write and really consider how I felt about the things that I'd done, what had happened, and things that had been said. As I came to my conclusion of this I began the 'what if' development and it enabled me to suggest what I could perhaps do differently next time and what I would like the next day to hold. So a little bit of preparation and planning ahead.
It worked out to be a really interesting exercise and I've now found myself with a good sort of basis to build my everyday journals on.
For anyone else writing their journal I'd really encourage trying out a few and finding the style that suits you, your lifestyle and the way brain works best.



References:

Moon, J. 2006, A Handbook for reflective practice and professional development, Taylor and Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers