Tuesday 4 June 2013

OFFICE/ DREAMCHASER

I've got so much to tell you!  I knew what I needed. Now how to get it....

My mum has a part time job in a small office, and to be honest, she doesn't really need to do it, so I basically asked if I could do it instead.

BANGIN'! - My first office job in the bag. Yes its dull and I just answer phones, but it is the first run of the ladder (of rubbish jobs) before I can get the job I want in a record company.

NEXT PLEASE.

Toby ( who we've all now come to know as my new guitarist) and I went to do a cheeky little 'open mic' night at a venue called 'Shoot Pool'.  It was great fun, and we were well received. It was the first time I'd sung there. After we played, I was approached by the guy running the night (Mr Paul Adams), who basically said 'well done, nice voice, come down more often and we can try and get you working with some of our musicians and writing'. !!! Well great! That's what we want isn't it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCx6cNso3J8

I added Paul on Facebook. And decided to ask him, in a bid to become the more self sufficient version lof myself, if he need a hand setting up before the open mic nights, i.e 'a bit of free manual labour, in return for him teaching me how to set up and use the PA system etc'.

His reply was fate. I'm sure!

MR. PAUL ADAMS

Little did I know when I messaged Paul, that not the open mic night, or 'JAM JAR' as it's called was just the tip of the iceberg.  Amongst the musicians at shoot pool, a company had emerged, named 'DreamChaser Entertainment '. A company set up to promote and work with new artists to help get them started. Not only did Paul say yes, he then offered me the opportunity to be some what of an 'apprentice' to the company. I go to shoot pool Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, where I help and get taught to set up for the Jam Jar and gig nights. I occasionally guest host the evenings and am being taught to sound check and tech the events.

STEVE RICHMOND

'We've also got a studio, if you'd be interested in learning how to record people...?' said Paul. UMMMMMMMMMM yes!! I, obviously, want as much experience as possible, in as many areas of music as possible.

Well, Steve Richmond, of DreamChaser Entertainment, has a small studio in the back of his house, where he records the artists and they have kindly offered to take me in and teach me how to record others, and record my music as well. 'Oh by the way he also does video editing as well if your interested in getting involved with that...'

SEB JAMES & GRAHAM IDDON

I'll be 'mentored' by Seb, who is also a guitar teacher and has agreed to give me guitar lessons each Monday, who along with Graham, will teach me all the tech-ing I need to know. If Seb needs promoting of an artist done, he comes to me and I will crack on with social networking.

So that's the team, along with a few other assistants etc. a bit like myself.

STARS Bar

By this point I had been getting up and singing at open mics at shoot pool and the green man, (where I did the first gig I told you about, where I met guitarist Toby). But 2 isn't enough. I had a night to myself and decided to wander down to 'Stars' another bar in town which had an open mic on. While I was there I bumped into Graham. Now, hosting this was a guy called GLYN DEVEY. don't worry, it's not essential you remember all of these names I'm just trying to give you an idea of what's happening and all the people I am creating a network with.

Glyn, and insane guitar player, had a good old chat with me after the open mic night and I explained to him that I'm not working for DreamChaser entertainment. Turns out he is also involved with the company. So that's good. Glyn is happy to do some songs with me at the next open mic. I also met another musician, Mark Scobey, who I sang with at the open mic at stars and then again at shoot pool.

None of that would have happened had I not gone down and 'got myself out there' as it were.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers