Tuesday 4 June 2013

Then...

As I said before, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights I've been heading down to shoot pool, helping set up, most nights singing a few songs and providing backing vocals for anyone who might like them. Monday and Wednesday I went to the green man and sang at their open mics, and now they know me better they just call me up if they think I might know a song. Which is very kool. And Tuesday night Is stars bar open mic. That's a lot of singing!!!
Just take a second to realise how much progress this is for me, who hadn't sung in about a year before I started all this!!

As I get to know the people on the scene, I've been invited to do backing vocals for a band named, who I need to get in touch with, as they saw me sing at an open mic.

And Paul has invited me to Pinewood studios this Thursday where some of the 'DreamChaser' artists will be performing, and we will be having a mingle with some record company people I believe. But I'll let you know how that goes.

Paul Adams, and Glyn have both offered me the opportunity to act in their music videos, and I have hopefully to perform backing vocals for Paul, Glyn and Seb at the Westcott 'RADIO ROCKS' festival  (that link is for tickets), which should be great fun, and will head lined by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. As well as possible backing vocals for them for 'Hobble on the cobbles' Aylesbury.  But again that's only a possible, so I'll keep you updated.

As you can see, though this is all local stuff, it is escalating quite quickly, and it's all fantastic experience within music and networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers