Tuesday 5 March 2013

task 4c: the beauty of unemployment...

So for task 4c, well its rather irrelevant for me because i'm currently unemployed. But I can understand that from an ethical point of view, if i were employed, it would be really important for me to gain the support of my employers before carrying out any strong investigation within the work place. One, because I would be conducting said research on the time of my employer. Two, because it would involve their staff cooperating with me, and they may feel this distracts from the work at hand. Three, because it is polite to inform them, as you are carrying out research that concerns them and possibly the way they are running the work place. And four, because they may not actually want you stirring up issues and potentially pointing floors in the every day running of their business that they may not want pointing out. 

For this task I am, therefore (for want of a superior), giving myself permission to carry out my research, ethically and considerately to those around me with no wish to disturb the peace of any one within the industry.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any one you look up to in the industry, a mentor or someone you did work for who you could discuss the proposed inquiry with? I think you could find that helpful ...

    ReplyDelete

Followers