Friday 8 November 2013

final artefact ideas

I've been thinking about my final artefact for a long time now and I actually thought I'd decided and that it wasn't an issue.
As my Inquiry is into the most employed methods for entering the recorded music industry as a singer, I need to create an artefact that really captures that and not just a leaflet with a couple of tips on it. After speaking with Adesola, she came up with some really helpful ideas and suggestions, like writing a song about getting into the industry and perhaps performing it as my final artefact. Before this I'd intended previously on recording a track onto a CD and filming it so I could show a digital copy and a hard copy and showing what could be done with that some how... I don't know this thought process is confused and not getting any clearer.

Now I'm brainstorming ideas in regards to writing a song loosely around the process of what I'm trying to achieve, but also perhaps create a rough music video showing me putting all the main found themes and ideas into practice and maybe also put together a physical press kit to show... saying that I may not have enough things to put in the press kit yet. Anyway Im toying with the idea. I think if I end up making a video, the actual song content isn't vital to be about the topic. I could use a song I have written over this month.

hmm,, any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Georgie,
    That sounds totally amazing, totally unique and totally you! Brilliant! :)
    I think (in my non-singing, non-performer way) that a video showing you doing or experiencing all the things you have found in your inquiry over one of your songs, as if you are going through the actual process, sounds really fun. It would have a happy ending wouldn't it?!
    Looking forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks for your feedback sarah, I hope it has a happy ending, saying that it could be a 'to be continued' situation. I think my inquiry is only scraping the surface and in reality i will have to push on with this for a few years to become fully established. but this is all about beginnings and finding how to begin. so im excited. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers