Sunday 7 October 2012

Development of task 1a:

When I was having a look through other people's blog pages and seeing how they had done their CV's I think it enabled me to develop my own idea a bit further and shows the reasons for my choices.
Melanie Brown's blog CV was very clearly organised, neat and professional in appearance. However, when I tried to open the CV's properly to view them clearly, I found that I couldnt get it to enlarge and so it hindered me in reading them due to a tiny font. I would worry that an employer could face the same problem and move to the next candidate instead of struggling to view my CV.
Ellis Higgins again shows a really good example of a CV. She's uploaded both her performance and regular CV. I like this idea because like most performers, I have had to maintain regular jobs in order to pay the bills whilst trying to find performing work. When you spend a lot of time anywhere, it makes up a big part of who you are as person, so I think I might use this idea to develop my own. She has also uploaded her CV's as a blog rather than as a seperate file and I think this really avoids the risk of the file not being visible.
Chelsea Johnson's CV appeared on the page as a small white square box with a red cross in the middle. This prevented me from veiwing it and again it really backs up what has now become my decision to write my CV's up as a blog.
I hope you dont mind me having a browse through girls, I found them all really interesting and helpful.
After looking at the different pages I have decided to add both of my CV's, performance and regular by typing them up as blogs. This way I know employers can veiw them without any trouble and I can ensure that they are clear and easy  to read.
So..... thats what I've done.

I'll keep looking around and you'll probably see them change slightly all the time.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgie, I have just started on Module 1 but I just wanted to let you know that I have found your Blog very useful. I like the clear concise layout and I have anjoyed reading your Blogs through the first part of the Module. Regards Kym

    ReplyDelete

Followers