Sunday 7 October 2012

task 1a: development, 'about me'

The task asked us to re-write our CV's as blog profiles.

Again I've had a good look around and found bits and bobs on people's pages that I am using as hints and tips for the development of my blog page.
As I was researching, I stumbled accross Jonathon Howard's page, and it looks like he's employing a similar technique of researching and analysing other's first.
Most of the 'about me' sections are either very brief and to the point, like Jonny Howard's, or a bit longer and colloquial, like Ellis Higgins'. I think both have positive's to them so I have tried to do the middle ground.

My 'about me' section is based strongly on my CV as the task asked, showing all my previous work and training but I have colloquialised it slightly throughout so it is not just bullet points. By doing this, employers can see clearly what they need to see and probably also a little about my personality, I am a fairly blunt and to the point person. Lets cut out all the babbling is my professional frame of mind...unless its for dry humour, which I can always make room for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers